Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

TROUBLEMAKER!


It was the 19th of July and my family were stressed about what to wear to my little cousin’s birthday, which was to be held on the following day.  This was especially my brothers. I’d expected my brothers’ (I have three), to be excited about the party but instead they were getting all angry because most of the clothes they had, according to them, were old and had been seen by  all the people who were also going to the party.  

“Stop stressing about your clothes”, I told my brothers’ “It’s not like there is gonna be girls there”.” It’s a family thing” I shouted!  Almost immediately after making that comment - simultaneously from the mouth of  my brothers’ came the words... 

“Mind your own business!”
 I turned to face all three of them and gave them the meanest, evil eyes I could make..... and ran out of the room to my parents as fast as I could!   From experience I knew that this was a safe move, they would never and I mean never come after me when I go to mum and dad. 

A short time later while sitting in the lounge with my mum, I strained my ears towards the direction of the conversation. The voices of my brothers was joined in by my cousin. My brothers were asking my cousin if they could wear some of his clothes (because they were new clothes). I told my mum and she growled them in Tongan. Behind the safety of my mother’s back I giggled and smirked silently. 


On the morning of the birthday.  I went up to my brothers and apologised  for being a troublemaker on Friday night.  They said that it was alright, because they were being meanies too.


The party was being held at the Rock Climbing Warehouse.  When we arrived I ran straight to the Adventureland Park.  Unfortunately my brother and I got kicked off the park because we were too old and too big for it. It was only then that I noticed the sign that said ‘Ten years and under only’!


My eyes very quickly noticed boxes of pizza being carried to the eating area. I was so enthusiastic about the climbing that I decided to not eat at that time and shouted to my aunt and uncle, “Save me some food please”! After a while went and got 4 pieces of pizza. Two hawaiian and two meat lovers. But as soon as I’d finished,  I climbed up the skateboarding rock climbing which turned out to be the wrong thing to do.  Moments later I jumped back down I ran to a bin and vomited.


What a day!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Naanise, very proud of you. I like how you wrote your story specifically, maybe someday you can teach me how to write a funny and enthusiastic story like that...

Mrs Dines said...

A fantastic recount Naanise that held my interest it was informative and very entertaining!
Keep up the great work, I can't wait to read your next piece of writing.

Fina said...

Naanise, this is a very entertaining story, you held my interests. Keep up the great work and remember never to back down.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome, funny and entertaining piece of writing Naanise! I really enjoyed it!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.